Saturday, February 28, 2009

before spring returns

well, all but one Saturday this season has been spent on the tubing hill. It's been an absolute blast going both up and down the hill thanks to that OLD 2 seater snowmobile. Today, after tubing, Tyler put it up for sale.



And as you can see, we lost another tube. Those Uncle Bob's Authentic Snow Gear Aqua Leisure tubes are awesome, although I hear that the ones this year are not as fast. So we are keeping it and looking for some more AirStop - works like a charm. The extra large tubes are the best because it's like riding on a cloud - no jarring of the neck, etc. Just a wonderful ride down the hill enjoying our beautiful valley.

And in addition to another tube dying, the last tubing Saturday, and putting the snowmobile up for sale, I went to the garden store today. I bought seeds for my vegetable garden. A couple of different pumpkin varieties, zuchs, crook necks, corn for drying and grinding, cucumbers, carrots, peas, and snow peas. They even have a seed list with detailed info about what will cross pollinate, which are hybrids, when to plant and what to look for in the soil, etc. I am super excited about gardening this year. I have to go back for onions, tomatoes, basil, and potatoes. And I need to get a truck load of compost to till into the soil. Other than that, I think we are well on our way to a great garden. I have all the tomato cages I need along with the essential garden tools and my drip irrigation system. I might need some more gloves this year (we'll see). Although someone suggested I try black tarp to help my tomatoes. I love gardening. It's great therapy - provides lots of vitamin D (the happy sun vitamin) and this year I will have a yard full of grass instead of mud and I won't have to worry about putting in a sprinkler system. I am excited to just work on my garden. The sad thing is, there is still about a foot of snow where my tulips will bloom because they are all in shady areas. Spring will be here soon enough...

No comments: